Bob Edwards, a respected Appleton, WI Realtor has provided a great article on Taking the Stress Out of Home Buying - Thanks for the post Bob.
Buying a home should be fun, not stressful. As you look for your dream home, keep in mind these 10 Tips for making the process as peaceful and stress free as possible.
- Find a Real Estate Agent who you can connect with. Home buying is not only a big financial commitment, but also an emotional one. It's critical that the Realtor you choose is both highly skilled and a good fit with your personality.
- Remember, there's no "right" time to buy, just as there's no perfect time to sell. If you find a home now, don't try to second-guess interest rates or the housing market by waiting longer- you risk losing out on the home of your dreams. The housing market usually doesn't change fast enough to make much difference in price, and a good home won't stay on the market long.
- Don't ask for too many opinions. It's natural to want reassurance for such a big decision, but too many ideas from too many people will make it much harder when it's time to make a decision. Focus on the wants and needs of your immediate family- the people who will be living in the home.
- Accept that no house is ever perfect. If it's in the right location, the yard may be a bit smaller than you had hoped. The kitchen may be perfect, but the bathroom is dated. Make a list of your top priorities and focus in on the things that are most important to you. Let the minor ones go.
- Don't try to be a killer negotiator. Negotiation is definitely a part of the real estate process, but trying to "win" by getting an extra-low price or by refusing to budge on your offer may cost you the home you love. Negotiation is give and take.
- Remember your home doesn't exist in a vacuum. Don't get so caught up in the physical aspects of the house itself- room size, kitchen, etc, -that you forget about important issues such as noise level, location to amenities, and other aspects that also have a big impact on your life.
- Plan ahead. Don't wait until you've found a home and made an offer to get approved for a mortgage, investigate home insurance, and consider a schedule for moving. Presenting an offer contingent on a lot of unresolved issues will make your bid much less attractive to sellers.
- Factor in maintenance and repair costs in your post home buying budget. Even if you buy a new home, there will be costs. Don't leave yourself short and let your home deteriorate.
- Accept that a little buyer's remorse is inevitable and will probably pass. Buying a home, especially for the first time, is a big financial commitment and it also yields big benefits. Don't lose sight of why you wanted to buy a home and what made you fall in love with the property you purchased.
- Choose a home first because you love it; then think about appreciation. While U.S. homes have appreciated a historically stable average of 5.4 percent annually (National Association of Realtors), a home's most important role is to serve as a comfortable, safe place to live.
An important thing to remember is that you don't have to go through the home buying process alone. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to have the right Realtor by your side. For a smooth, easy and stress-free as possible home buying experience in the Fox Cities Valley and Appleton, WI; call Bob Edwards from Coldwell Banker- The Real Estate Group today! 920-202-2431 is my cell phone or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a no cost, no obligation consultation.
Proudly Serving the Residential Mortgage needs of the wonderful Veterans & People in Wisconsin. Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh, and throughout the greater Fox Cities areas.
My team works with each client to determine the best finance package for every scenario; Not only the impact of the loan on their finances today, but 5 and 15 years down the line. Need Credit restoration; We can help. Click Here for a no cost ~ no obligation pre-approval or consultation.
Gwenn Tanvas is a Certified Mortgage Planning Specialists who truly enjoys working with First-Time Home Buyers and Government Programs such as FHA, Federal VA and USDA Rural Housing Loans. Visit her website for more information, on-line calculators and a secure on-line application. She is able to assist with transaction throughout the state of Wisconsin. http://www.WisconsinLoanTips.com or http://www.WisconsinVetLoans.com she can also be reached for comment or to answer questions via email at email@example.com
Our team loves working with Wisconsin Real Estate Agents. Helping them build their business by teaching cutting edge systems & strategies using social media & technology. Our weekly Agent Mastermind class is second to none. For more information about how we can help you, visit http://www.UltimatePropertyPromoter.com
Become a FAN of the Real Estate Agents HUB on FACEBOOK -http://www.Facebook.com/RealHub -
The Real Estate Hub designed specifically for Realtors. My Goal; to provide valuable information and PROVEN Marketing Strategies. Bookmark this page and come back everyday for videos, free downloads and training! Come on over to the HUB where it is all about YOU!!!!!