Here are 10 steps to help prepare you for the purchase of your Wisconsin Home. Barb has written a great article to help guide you in the process. Thanks for sharing your expertise in such an easy to understand manner! - If you are ready to begin your journey here in Wisconsin, feel free to reach out to us. We are here to help you understand your options. Remember, although you may get a bit frustrated at times.... the joy is in the journey and you have many wonderful people right here to help you every step of the way.....
Buying a home may be perceived as a simple process by some people, but be assured … there are MANY moving parts to get every transaction to the closing table.
If the buyer is educated in the process, and gets a good start in preparing to buy a home, it will definitely relieve a lot of anxiety that naturally goes along with purchasing a home.
Education is a powerful tool in helping home buyers feel comfortable with the process.
To that end, here are 10 steps to prepare buyers to buy a home that will help homebuyers get off to a good start and alleviate some of the stress that goes along with it.
- Select a REALTOR® who knows the market and is familiar with the areas you are looking in. Be sure you can work together through the process. If you don’t like someone at the onset, it’s likely to get worse. Choose a REALTOR® who communicates well and returns your messages quickly.
- Get your finances in order. If you will be financing a new home, get mortgage preapproval BEFORE you start shopping. After all, you have to know how much you will be able to spend and STAY within that budget. If you have not already done so, your agent can recommend a mortgage professional who s/he has already worked with and who is effective. If you are paying cash, be prepared to provide proof of funds when presenting an offer.
- Be sure your agent educates you in the homebuying process. You should receive a homebuyers packet for reference. Being educated in the process will take away a lot of fear and frustration as well as teach you exactly what to expect. Don’t understand something? Ask questions! No question is too trivial.
- Start shopping. Your agent will assist you in this process by setting you up with an accurate online real estate search tool. Use this in conjunction with the agent’s knowledge of the area as well as his/her own recommendations for a winning combination.
- Focus on the wants and needs of the people who will be living in the home. Don’t ask too many opinions which can muddle your thinking and make you second guess your decision.
- Remember that NO house is perfect…. Even brand new construction. Again, focus ….. and prioritize your wants and needs.
- Pay close attention to the LOCATION of the home. While you may think it’s really not that far from work or area amenities, it will be when you live there and your commute becomes a hardship. Remember this important advice – You can change the house but you can’t change the location.
- Don’t try to time the market. The right time to buy is when it’s right for you. Waiting to get the best interest rate will not pay off if in doing so, you miss out on purchasing your dream home.
- Choose a home because you LOVE IT, because it works for you, and because it will be a comfortable and safe place for you to live.
- After your offer is accepted, understand that buyer’s remorse is only natural. This is the biggest purchase you probably have ever made. Of course you’re going to be second guessing. Remember again to focus on why you made the offer in the first place and that you really loved the home.
If you follow these steps, you will be on your way to becoming a homeowner with less stress just by being properly educated and prepared in the homebuying process.
Continue to move forward in the transaction as outlined and guided by your agent, and you should arrive at the closing table with little frustration and anxiety.
Fun Fact: Did you know all REALTORS® are real estate agents BUT not all real estate agents are REALTORS®? A REALTOR® is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® and must subscribe to the Code of Ethics.
Preparing to Buy a Home – 10 Steps To A Good Start
Barbara Altieri, REALTOR
Listing and Buyer's Agent
Certified Short Sales Specialist
RealtyQuest Real Estate Sales and Services
30 Huntington Street, Shelton CT 06484
Proudly Serving the Residential Mortgage needs of the wonderful Veterans & People in Wisconsin. Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh, and throughout the greater Fox Cities areas.
My team works with each client to determine the best finance package for every scenario; Not only the impact of the loan on their finances today, but 5 and 15 years down the line. Need Credit restoration; We can help. Click Here for a no cost ~ no obligation pre-approval or consultation.
Gwenn Tanvas is a Certified Mortgage Planning Specialists who truly enjoys working with First-Time Home Buyers and Government Programs such as FHA, Federal VA and USDA Rural Housing Loans. Visit her website for more information, on-line calculators and a secure on-line application. She is able to assist with transaction throughout the state of Wisconsin. http://www.WisconsinLoanTips.com or http://www.WisconsinVetLoans.com she can also be reached for comment or to answer questions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team loves working with Wisconsin Real Estate Agents. Helping them build their business by teaching cutting edge systems & strategies using social media & technology. Our weekly Agent Mastermind class is second to none. For more information about how we can help you, visit http://www.UltimatePropertyPromoter.com
Become a FAN of the Real Estate Agents HUB on FACEBOOK -http://www.Facebook.com/RealHub -
The Real Estate Hub designed specifically for Realtors. My Goal; to provide valuable information and PROVEN Marketing Strategies. Bookmark this page and come back everyday for videos, free downloads and training! Come on over to the HUB where it is all about YOU!!!!!